Welcome to Birch Class
Here you will find information about our class and the learning that we will be doing this term. Our teacher is Miss Aston and our Learning Partner is Mrs Tanner. Mrs Griffin teaches one afternoon a week.
We look forward to telling you all about our fantastic learning.
To see all of the amazing learning in Birch Class click this link!
Welcome to Birch Class
Birch Class Transition BookletDownload
Hello, my name is Miss Aston and this year I am teaching Birch Class. This is my seventh year of teaching Key Stage 1. In my spare time I love to read books and spend time with my family and dog. I thoroughly enjoy teaching Phonics and helping teach your children to read and enjoy stories. I take pride in creating an inclusive classroom so your children can reach their best potential. I look forward to helping your children learn and grow during their time in Birch Class.
I have worked in Special Needs education for many years within Gloucestershire. I have worked with many pupils from across Key Stage 2, 3 and 4 and have worked closely within the Early Years provision. I am very excited to work with everyone across Willow Primary Academy and to make sure that children and parents are supported. I enjoy working with children, families and staff and look forward to hearing from everyone. If you need any help or information, please get in touch!
To contact me call the school office or email me directly at beth.griffin@https://willow.sandmat.uk
Year 2 Curriculum Overview
The following document gives you more information about the Curriculum in Year 2.
Please read the homework expectations for Birch class.
Your child will receive Dojo points for completed homework.
Homework will be completed on Doodle Learning. This can be done by logging onto https://doodlelearning.com/ using the website or download the apps.
The expectation is:
- Children will log onto Doodle Maths, English, Spelling and Times Tables every week.
- The Doodle target is at least 50 stars a week.
- Creative homework will be set weekly on Class Dojo.
Reading at Home
“Reading is the gateway skill that makes all other learning possible” – Barack Obama.
Reading at home expectations:
- Children should try to read every night.
- Reading logs need to be signed when you have read with your child.
- Reading books and reading logs need to be in school everyday.
- Reading books will be changed whenever they have finished their book.
Your child will be reading their books during our DEAR sessions. Please ensure they are in school everyday.
- PE is on a Thursday. Please make sure your child wears their PE kit to school on a Thursday and has their earrings removed.
- Children earn Dojo points when they read at home which they can spend in the pride shop, as well as earning points for completing their homework.
- Children need a water bottle in school everyday.
- Please ensure your child’s belongings are labelled clearly with their name.
- Messages and reminders will be posted on Class Dojo, please make sure you check this regularly.