Welcome to Oak class
Here you will find information about our class and the learning we are going to be doing this term. Our teacher is Miss Flynn and our Learning Partners are Mrs Kenna, Mrs Juhasz and Mrs Pollard.
We look forward to telling you all about our exciting learning.
To find out more about Oak Class, have a look at our Blog here
Welcome to Oak Class
Oak Class Transition BookletDownload
Hi, I am Miss Flynn. I am the Year 6 teacher at Willow. I have been working at Willow for 3 years and this will be my second year teaching Year 6. I love teaching maths, art and PE.
Hi my name is Mrs Kenna, I am a Learning Partner in Oak Class at Willow Academy School and have been at the school for a number years. I have experience of working in all year groups.
Hi, my name is Marianne Juhasz-Szuchs and I am Learning Partner in Oak Classs but most children call me Mrs. Juhhasz. I joined, what was Tuffley Primary School in January 2011. Over the 12 years I have worked with all year groups.
Hello, I’m Mr Hadi and I’m the PPA teacher at Willow. I have been working in education since 2011, in both mainstream and special educational needs settings, as both support staff and as a teacher.
Year 6 Curriculum Overview
The following document gives you more information about the Curriculum in Year 6.
Please read the homework expectations for Oak class.
Your child will receive Dojo points for completed homework.
Homework will be completed on Doodle Learning. This can be done by logging onto https://doodlelearning.com/ using the website or download the apps.
The expectation is:
- Children will log onto Doodle Maths, English and Spelling every week.
- The Doodle target is AT LEAST 50 stars in each subject every week.
- Creative homework will also be set weekly on Class Dojo. This will be uploaded each Friday.
Reading at Home
“Reading is the gateway skill that makes all other learning possible” – Barack Obama.
Reading at home expectations:
- Children should try to read every night.
- Reading logs need to be signed when you have read with your child.
- Reading books and reading logs need to be in school everyday.
Your child will be reading their books during our DEAR sessions. Please ensure they are in school everyday.
- PE is on a Tuesday. Please make sure your child wears their PE kit to school on a Tuesday and all jewellery is removed.
- Homework on Doodle is assigned each Friday to be returned by the following Thursday.
- Children earn Dojo points when they read at home which they can spend in the pride shop, as well as earning points for completing their homework.
- Children need a water bottle in school everyday.
- Please ensure your child’s belongings are labelled clearly with their name.
- Messages and reminders will be posted on Class Dojo, please make sure you check this regularly.