Welcome to Oak class
Here you will find information about our class and the learning we are going to be doing this term. Our teacher is Miss Flynn and our Learning Partner is Mrs Kenna. Mrs Stephens covers Miss Flynn.
We look forward to telling you all about our learning.
To find out more about Oak Class, have a look at our Blog here
I am the Year 6 teacher at Willow, and I have been working at Willow for 2 years. I love teaching maths, art and PE. My hobbies outside of work include bouldering and running. I enjoy sharing my hobbies with the children through after school clubs that I run throughout the year.
Hi my name is Mrs Kenna, I am a Learning Partner in Oak Class at Willow Academy School and have been at the school for 6 years. I have experience of working in all year groups.
My name is Mrs Stephens. I have worked at Willow Primary Academy for 14 years and was a student teacher and supply teacher here before that! I love the school and all of the children and every day is different and so rewarding. I love to create experiences for the children to remember. During my time at Willow I have taught in every year of the Juniors. I am subject leader of P.E, Computing, Geography and French but I also love Science. In my spare time I love walking, especially near water, spending time with my family and our two bunnies and listening to music.
Year 6 Curriculum Overview
The following document gives you more information about the Curriculum in Year 6.
- Swimming is on a Tuesday! Children must bring in a swimsuit/swim shorts and a towel.
- Please make sure your child’s belongings and clothing are labelled with their name.
- Homework on Doodle is assigned each Friday to be returned by the following Thursday.
- Your child is expected to read 4 times a week at home.
- Children earn dojo points when they read at home and complete their homework on time which they can spend in the pride shop.