Welcome to Maple Class
Here you will find information about our class and the learning we are going to be doing this term. Our Year 5 teacher is Mrs. Morgan-Partridge and our Learning Partner is Mrs. Cornwall.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO TELLING YOU ALL ABOUT OUR FANTASTIC LEARNING.
To find out more about Maple Class, have a look at the blog here
WELCOME TO MAPLE CLASS
Maple Class Transition BookletDownload
Hello, my name is Mrs. Morgan-Partridge or Mrs. M-P for short. I have been at Willow Primary Academy for one year and I was excited to learn more about the school. I love to learn new interesting facts and thrive on teaching inspiring lessons which are fun and engaging; with my favourites being Maths, Geography and P.E. In my free time, I enjoy going on long walks with my dog, exploring new places and spending time with my family and friends.
Hello, I’m Mrs Cornwall. I am now in my second year a Willow Primary. Although I am currently in KS2, I have previous experience of working in EYFS and KS1. I love spending time with my husband and our 3 boys and enjoy crocheting and playing on my Switch in my spare time.
I have worked in Special Needs education for many years within Gloucestershire. I have worked with many pupils from across Key Stage 2, 3 and 4 and have worked closely within the Early Years provision. I am very excited to work with everyone across Willow Primary Academy and to make sure that children and parents are supported. I enjoy working with children, families and staff and look forward to hearing from everyone. If you need any help or information, please get in touch!
To contact me call the school office or email me directly at beth.griffin@https://willow.sandmat.uk
Year 5 Curriculum Overview
The following document gives you more information about the Curriculum in Year 5
Homework needs to be completed on Doodle Learning. This can be done by logging onto https://doodlelearning.com/ using the website or download the apps.
The expectations are:
- Children must log onto Doodle Maths, English, Spelling and Times Tables every week.
- The Doodle target is at least 50 stars a week.
- Creative homework will be set weekly on Class Dojo.
Your child will receive Dojo points for completed homework, these points can be spent in the Dojo shop every Friday.
Reading At Home
Reading at home expectations:
- Children should read at home as much as possible, every day if viable.
- Please ensure reading logs are signed and dated when you read with your child.
- Make sure that reading books and logs are in school everyday as they will be using them during DEAR time.
- Reading books will be changed every Friday.
- Maple class has PE on a Friday afternoon. Please make sure your child comes to school wearing the correct PE kit, hair tied back and all jewellery removed.
- It is essential that your child’s belongings are labelled clearly with their name.
- Please make sure that your child arrives at school everyday with a drinks bottle, jumper and coat.
- Children can earn Dojo points when they read at home and complete their homework; which they can spend in the pride shop.
- Messages and reminders will be posted on Class Dojo, please make sure you check this regularly.