Welcome to Ash Class
Here you will find information about our class and the learning we are going to be doing this term. Our teacher is Miss Green and our Learning Partners are Miss Smith, Miss Tocknell and Miss Cornock.
In Ash Class, we will be focusing on developing well-rounded individuals who thrive on challenge and are intrinsically motivated to succeed at everything they do. With the implementation of Continuous Provision, the children will be able to prosper in an age-appropriate environment that enhances learning focusses and personal, social and emotional development.
We look forward to telling you all about our learning.
To see all of the amazing learning in Ash Class click this link!
WELCOME TO ASH CLASS
Ash Class Transition BookletDownload
Hi, my name is Miss Green and I am the teacher in Ash Class. This is my second year of teaching as an Early Career Teacher and I am very excited to continue my journey as a teacher at Willow. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, family and cats, Leo and Cole, as well as paddleboarding. I also have a love of reading and writing and am looking forwards to relaying this passion onto the children.
Hi I am Mrs Smith, I am a Learning Partner and I work in Ash Class. I enjoy supporting the children especially in developing their reading skills. My hobbies are cooking and playing board games with my family.
In my spare time I enjoy going spending time with my daughter and taking her to the park.
Hi, I’m Miss Tocknell and I will be in Ash class Monday to Wednesday. I love to play games and have fun. I really enjoy helping children to get the most out of their education!
Hello, I’m Mr Hadi and I’m the PPA teacher at Willow. I have been working in education since 2011, in both mainstream and special educational needs settings, as both support staff and as a teacher.
Year 1 Curriculum Overview
The following document gives you more information about the Curriculum in Year 1
Please read the homework expectations for Ash class.
Your child will receive Dojo points for completed homework.
Homework will be completed on Doodle Learning. This can be done by logging onto https://doodlelearning.com/ using the website or download the apps.
The expectation is:
- Children will log onto Doodle Tables and Spelling every week.
- The Doodle target is at least 50 stars a week.
- Creative homework will be set weekly on Class Dojo.
Reading at Home
“Reading is the gateway skill that makes all other learning possible” – Barack Obama.
Reading at home expectations:
- Children should try to read every night.
- Reading logs need to be signed when you have read with your child.
- Reading books and reading logs need to be in school everyday.
- Reading books will be changed whenever a child has finished a book.
- Reading for pleasure books will be sent home with the children in addition to their reading books.
Your child will be reading their books to teachers and learning partners, as well as during our DEAR (drop everything and read) sessions. Please ensure they are in school everyday.
- Key messages and updates will be communicated through dojo whether its on our school or class page or through direct message. Please ensure you are frequently checking dojo.
- PE is on Thursdays. Please ensure your child is wearing their PE kit to school on a Thursday with long hair up and earrings removed.
- Reading books are changed every Friday but they need to be in school every day.
- Children will earn dojo points for reading at home in addition to earning these for following our school PRIDE values during school hours. Children will be able to spend these points at our PRIDE shop on a Friday as a reward for their hard work.
- Please ensure children have a water bottle in school everyday.
- Please label all of your child’s belongings clearly with their full name.
Useful Documents for Parents
The following links maybe useful for parents: